Our Process Details
Keeping Your Project On Track
Your website is much more than meets the eye.
With Cider House you can know that behind the scenes of your website creation stands not just a team skilled at bringing your story to life, but also one that uses a detailed, organized process.
We’re in this together.
- We’ll have a one to two-hour Discovery meeting to discover more about you, your story and your goals. This is the time to learn all about you and what makes your company tick.
- We’ll also send you some easy to fill out questionnaires that will help us to organize your details right from the start. Much of this content can be used on your site.
- We’ll look at your competitors and what they’re doing.
- We’ll gather passwords and any assets that you have.
- Using the information that we’ve collected, we’ll create a Home Page layout and a sitemap.
DESIGN & CREATIVE
- We’ll present you with our recommendations for font pairings and color schemes. Once you approve them, we can begin your Home Page design mockup. We also use the Home Page layout and sitemap we had made in Discovery.
- We’ll present the mockup and give you a chance to comment and suggest revisions if needed.
- We won’t move ahead to the next stage until you’ve approved your design.
- This stage coincides with the Design process and will begin in Discovery at your Discovery meeting.
- Our copywriting team will work with you to develop high quality, readable content so that people can easily learn about you and your business.
- The content will follow an intuitive flow with a path that leads your site visitors to clear calls to action.
- This is the stage where we put all the pieces together to make your site functional; we take the design mockup and make it 3D.
- Your site will be built based on the design that you’ve approved in the Design Stage.
- We’ll install WordPress as the content management system (CMS).
- We’ll link your site to all of your social media so that people can easily find you.
- Your site will be mobile-ready and responsive across all devices.
QUALITY ASSURANCE / PRE-LAUNCH
- We check all internal linking and programming for functionality.
- We’ll make sure that your website is compatible with standard A-grade browsers. These browsers include Firefox on Windows and Mac, Safari on Mac, Chrome on Windows and Mac, Internet Explorer 9, 10, and 11 on Windows.
- We’ll go through your site with a fine tooth comb, looking for typos, links that don’t work, and checking all functionality. We will then pass it over to you for the final review.
- We ensure that everything is complete and satisfactory before we launch your site and make it live.
- We’ll move the site from our production area to the server at your hosting location. This will signal the beginning of our launch sequence.
- Once the site is live, the Cider House Launch Team will install Google Analytics and set up Google & Bing/Yahoo Webmaster Tools to track page visits and site engagements.
- Our Launch Team will create and submit the site to all the major search engines.
We top it all off with a six-month guarantee of our work. We don’t disappear just because we’re done creating your site. If something isn’t functioning as it should, if something breaks, or you find any needed minor content changes, we’ll happily make any adjustments up to six months from the date of launch.*
*Some restrictions apply. We’ll make sure that you’re clear about our generous parameters.